© All rights reserved 2018 Altitude Mission - Meribel Ski Chalets
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
We are now taking enrolments for Winter 2020 season.
Altitude Mission Season Ski or Snowboard Course – for blue run skiers / boarders and above.
Enrol now for Winter 19/20 (ski or board)
2020 Season – £8,895. (This is the early bird booking price – book by 31st January 2019)
Both prices include ski or snowboard teaching and BASI level 1 and 2 ski instructor’s qualification.
- A total of over 200 hours of professional ski or snowboard teaching with BASI 4 (or similar) qualified ski instructors and snowboard instructors.
- Multi-skill ski and snowboard training with Ski Marmalade
- An avalanche training pack, with transceiver, shovel and probe.
- Avalanche training.
- Mountain First Aid course.
- Safeguarding module.
- BASI level 1 course training, exam and certificate.
- BASI level 2 course training, exam and certificate.
- BASI membership.
- 70 hours of shadowing ski schools.
- Optional extras – a 3-day back-country ski touring expedition to celebrate the end of the season. More details during the season.
We require all Altitude Mission students to buy a Carre Neige Saison ski accident insurance for the season – cost is €35.
We only have a limited amount of space with each enrolment because of the ski teacher / pupil ratio.
All courses are run on a not-for-profit, cost-only basis and we don’t want the price of the course to be prohibitive, so if you need financial help please do get in touch, though we would expect you to raise part of the funds yourself, through working and through fund-raising.
You will be doing mission work, so you may want to apply to your church and church members for financial assistance, or there are grants available from Christian funding organisations.
Course dates: 4th January 2020 – 28th March 2020
Please apply to us as soon as possible by sending an email with a little about yourself, your Christian journey, and why you’d like to join Altitude Mission. Remember to specify whether you are applying for Winter 18/19 or Winter 19/20, and whether you are applying for the skiing or snowboarding instructor’s course. Once you’re accepted on the course, we’ll require a 10% deposit with the balance due by 31st October before the course starts. We can arrange a flexible monthly payment plan with you.
Please contact us for more information, and see our T&Cs for payment details.
Short-term Mission – if you can’t do the whole season:
Short-Term Mission (Season 18-19 only) – You can stay for as short or as long a time as you like, subject to us having beds available. Accommodation is in twin rooms, with en-suite shower or bathrooms. Double rooms may be available for married couples. We have up to 15 beds available per week, contact us for availability.
Accommodation is free and we ask only for the following contribution:
- £40 per person per week to cover food costs (catered chalet, 5 days a week, breakfast, afternoon cake, 2-course evening meal)
- £97 per person per week to cover chalet upkeep (electricity, water etc)
Other costs for you to consider:
- Travel to resort. You’ll need to arrange your own travel to Meribel.
- We have a minibus so may be able to pick you up from one of the 4 airports that serve Meribel – Geneva, Chambery, Lyon or Grenoble. Please contact us for details.
- Ski pass. A 6-day 3 Valley pass costs €291. A 6-day Meribel Valley pass costs €245. These are discounted prices that we can get for you.
- Ski hire. We use Slide Candy as they provide the best in-chalet ski hire service. Prices from £90 for skis and boots for a week. There are cheaper, but not as good, options available online.
- Insurance – we recommend you take out ski accident or travel insurance. For an extra €2.80 a day you can add ski accident insurance to your ski pass
- Ski lessons – we can help you arrange these.
- Apres-ski drinks
2018-2019 season only:
We want to build up the church and mission in Meribel, so we’ve taken a step of faith, and rented a large chalet, so we can have several Christians in resort at any one time. We won’t be charging for you to stay in our chalet this year as we launch Altitude Mission. We want to bless you with accommodation so you in turn can be a blessing to Meribel. We are trusting God that He will provide the cost of the season’s chalet rent, because we know he wants us to use this particular chalet.
If you’d like to join us for the remainder of 2019 season please contact us for details.