© All rights reserved 2018 Altitude Mission - Meribel Ski Chalets
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
We are now taking enrolments for Winter 19/20 ski season.
Altitude Ski Season – £2,995
- 21 weeks catered accommodation in Chalet Altitude from 27th November 2019 to 23rd April 2020
- Food – breakfast every day, afternoon cake and two-course dinner 6-days a week.
- Travel to resort. We’ll pick you up at Geneva airport and take you to Meribel. And we’ll take you back to Geneva at the end of the season.
Other costs for you to consider:
- Travel to Geneva – you’ll need to book your own flights or travel.
- Ski pass. A 3-Valley season pass costs around €1300.
- Ski equipment – we recommend bringing your own kit
- Insurance – we recommend you take out ski accident or travel insurance. A Carte Neige season accident insurance costs around €35 and covers mountain rescue costs but not medical costs
- Après-ski drinks and lunches (make a picnic for €2 a day)
Optional Ski Instructors Course provided by New Generation Ski School – £4,900
- Over 250 hours ski training,
- Lift pass,
- BASI Fees, Exams and Membership,
- Child Protection Module
- The course begins on the 4th Jan and will end on the 21st March.
- Week 1, 2 and 3 – BASI Level 1 Training (welcome meeting 5th Jan)
- Week 4 – BASI Level 1 Exam
- Weeks 5 + 6 – Shadowing our ski School (required)
- Weeks 7-9 – BASI Level 2 Training
- Weeks 10 + 11 – BASI 2 Exam (finishes 18th March)
Very limited spaces available. Apply today!
Chalet Altitude is run on a not-for-profit, cost-only basis and we don’t want the price of the season to be prohibitive, so if you need financial help please do get in touch, though we would expect you to raise part of the funds yourself, through working and through fund-raising.
You will be doing mission work, so you may want to apply to your church and church members for financial assistance, or there are grants available from Christian funding organisations.
Please apply to us as soon as possible by sending an email with a little about yourself, your Christian journey, and why you’d like to join Altitude Mission. Please specify whether you’d like to join the Ski Instructors Course.
Short-term Mission – if you can’t do the whole season:
Short-Term Mission – You can stay for as short or as long a time as you like, subject to us having beds available. Accommodation is in twin rooms, with en-suite shower or bathrooms. . We have up to 12 beds available per week, contact us for availability.
- £295 per person per week to include food and linen. Catered chalet on 6 days a week, breakfast (every day), afternoon cake, 2-course evening meal.
- Travel to resort. You’ll need to arrange your own travel to Meribel.
- Ski pass. A 6-day 3 Valley pass costs €291. A 6-day Meribel Valley pass costs €245. (2018/19 prices) These are discounted prices that we can get for you.
- Ski hire. We use Slide Candy as they provide the best in-chalet ski hire service. Please ask us for a 10% discount code. Prices from £90 for skis and boots for a week. There are cheaper, but not as good, options available online.
- Insurance – we recommend you take out ski accident or travel insurance. For an extra €2.80 a day you can add ski accident insurance to your ski pass
- Ski lessons – we can help you arrange these.
- Apres-ski drinks
Please note that we have two golden retriever dogs living at Chalet Altitude with us. If you are allergic to dogs, you need to be aware that we will not be able to shut them away from the main living areas.