© All rights reserved 2018 Altitude Mission - Meribel Ski Chalets
Welcome To Altitude Mission
Altitude Mission is led by Lara and Will Sussman. We have been running a catered ski chalet business (meribelskichalets.co.uk) in Meribel for 18 years. We came to faith about 8 years ago (Lara was brought up a Catholic, and Will is Jewish, so it’s been quite a journey). Since coming to faith, the challenge has been seeking God and knowing what he wants us to do in Meribel.
It became clear that God wants us to build up the church in Meribel and so we got in touch with CORA and set up the English-Speaking Church in Meribel. ESC Meribel has now been running for two winter seasons, and God is so at work here. It’s been really exciting stepping out in faith, and seeing God respond – we’ve met a man that has come back from heaven, we’ve seen grieving parents coming back to God, we’ve had instant answers to prayer.
Amongst all the great “God moments” there have been some real challenges and tests but we trust God to be with us at all times, and we just love being in the mountains, serving the One who created it all.
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for us next season.
WHO'S RUNNING ALTITUDE MISSION
Altitude Mission is a team effort, bringing together many different people and organisations with years of experience:
Lara and Will Sussman will be overseeing the chalet and pastoral care of our Altituders. When we’re not skiing or running a church plant in the mountains, we live by the sea on the Isle of Wight. We are at St James Church, Ryde and have been Christians for about 8 years. We love going to New Wine, and Focus. We have 4 children – who are now much faster than us on skis – and 2 golden retrievers (who don’t ski…yet). Our two youngest sons, and the 2 dogs will be joining us in Meribel this season.
Chaplains come out to resort for a one or two-week stint of preaching in the church and providing pastoral care in the community and in Chalet Altitude. You will be living in the same chalet as our chaplains, so there will be many opportunities for good conversations. Last season’s chaplains included Lindz West of LZ7, Martyn Layzell of HTB, Julio Abraham of Derby City Mission, Gordon Hickson, and Kev Murdoch of Euston Church.
Skiing – if you’ve signed up to do the BASI ski instructors training course, then New Generation will be providing the ski lessons. They are an international ski school operating in 18 ski resorts across the Alps. They have been in Meribel since 2001. All the instructors are qualified to the highest internationally recognised level and many are BASI examiners.
Visiting Chaplains & Speakers
The course will be overseen by Will & Lara Sussman.
The visiting chaplains from CORA (Christian Outreach in the Alps) will be on hand to provide further spiritual guidance, and pastoral support.
Chaplains/Speakers confirmed for Season 18/19 include:
- Julio Abraham, CEO of Derby City Mission. (15th December 2018 – 3rd January 2019)
- Chris Tebbutt, Team Rector Canford Parish & Sandra Tebbutt, Bible Society (3rd – 11th January 2019)
- Andrew Corke, Team Rector All Saints Swanage (7th – 17th January 2019)
- Gordon Hickson of Heart Cry for Change (17th – 31st January 2019)
- Martyn Layzell, Associate Vicar HTB (31st January to 7th February 2019)
- Lindz West from LZ7 and CEO of Light (16th – 23rd February 2019)
- Karina and Adam Martin, Welcome Churches, Derby (21st – 28th February 2019)
- Will Jackson – worship leader, trained at Worship Central (early March 2019)
- Ruth Jackson – Editor of Premier Youth and Children, and head of Youth Apologetics (early March 2019)
- Nick and Pam Jackson of Love Church, Bournemouth (28th February to 14th March 2019)
- Pat Allerton, St Peter’s Notting Hill (14th – 28th March 2019)
- Laura Murdoch of Christians in Sport (28th March – 11th April 2019)
- Kev Murdoch, Euston Church, London (28th March – 11th April 2019)